We’re seeking a Program & Communications Coordinator!
Program & Communications Coordinator
The Program & Communications Coordinator reports to the Chris Klug Foundation’s (CKF) Executive Director and works with the CKF team to execute CKF’s programming and events, as well as to develop communication strategies that will broaden the foundation’s reach and effectively boost impact. The Program & Communications Coordinator will represent CKF as it pertains to program and pre-event organization, program education and awareness, and post-event follow-up, including collection of metrics. Attention to detail and passion for the Chris Klug Foundation’s mission are essential aspects of this role. This is a salaried-exempt position. Key responsibilities include:
Communications – 40% of activity
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, Education Coordinator, and CKF Board-directed committees to develop communication and engagement strategy to broaden programmatic reach and deepen impact.
- Develop and refine a localized marketing plan to increase CKF’s brand awareness, spread awareness of CKF’s mission, and amplify the organization’s virtual presence.
- Conduct regular performance metrics for campaigns; monitor regularly to understand effectiveness of strategies and marketing decisions.
- Oversee marketing budget and work with the Executive Director and CKF Board to track and forecast progress in relation to budget.
- Create all graphic arts materials, such as social media posts and newsletters, to promote overall communication strategy and attain marketing goals.
- Write, edit, and develop blog posts, press releases, and news stories for content, including interviews.
- Update CKF website regularly and track engagement metrics.
Operations – 40% of activity
- Drive event preparations prior to, during, and after all CKF events.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteer staffing for all events.
- Manage branding materials for distribution to event attendees.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Program Committee to determine and execute event strategy.
- Attend events (virtual and in-person) as representative of the Chris Klug Foundation to promote CKF’s mission and brand.
- Conduct event follow-up, including impact metrics, communications, testimonials, and reports.
- Maintain volunteer database and regularly communicate with CKF volunteers.
- Manage yearly Programming Budget and work with the Executive Director and CKF Board to track and forecast event success in relation to budget.
Administration – 15% of activity
- Provide customer service by answering calls and fielding emails from general inquiries.
- Provide data entry for contacts, fundraising teams, and donor lists.
Education – 5% of activity
- Assists the Education Coordinator in managing CKF’s online curriculum on organ, eye, and tissue donation.
- Support marketing, promotion, distribution, and metrics-tracking of curriculum usage.
- Possible travel to specific events intended for promotion and distribution of the curriculum.
- Assist in periodic updates of the online curriculum to maintain its overall accuracy and effectiveness.
To thrive in this role, you must:
- Have an interest in CKF’s mission and enthusiasm for taking on new projects.
- Be creative with the ability to effectively communicate and work alongside other members of the CKF team to implement successful communication strategy and event planning.
- Leverage consumer research to understand CKF’s target audiences and utilize across all areas of responsibility.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, effective communication.
Preferred Background, Skills, & Expertise:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in graphic design and/or content creation
- Excellent communication, organizational, writing skills
- Ability to organize, implement, and evaluate programs, events, and projects.
- Knowledge and proficiency in marketing avenues, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, MailChimp, YouTube, etc.
- Willingness to travel (up to 20% of the time).
Please send a resumé and cover letter explaining your interest to CC Cunningham at firstname.lastname@example.org.