Program Coordinator Job Description Position Location: Aspen, CO/frequent travel
The coordinator reports to and works with CKF’s Executive Director to execute CKF’s programming, education and awareness events. The coordinator is the primary Foundation representative responsible for the pre-event organization, at-event program education and awareness, and post-event follow-up. Attention to detail and passion about the mission of the Chris Klug Foundation are essential aspects of this role. This is a salaried – exempt position. Key program responsibilities include:
Awareness Programming Events – 50% of activity
- Coordinate Donor Dudes events including small grassroots outreach across the nation, and large-scale events such as Vans Warped Tour, X Games, Leadville 100, NYC Marathon, Summit 4 Life and additional events.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteer staffing for each event.
- Order and manage materials and “swag” for the events throughout the year.
- Attend all events and represent the Chris Klug Foundation, possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Plan and handle event logistics from start to finish.
- Event follow-up including impact metrics, communications, testimonials and reports.
- Keep a volunteer database and schedule volunteers as needed for events and programs.
Awareness and Marketing – 20% of activity
- Assist the Executive Director in social media posts, press releases, and public relations.
- Coordinate and maintain social media posts, ad campaigns, content and reporting.
- Aid in creation of inspirational, engaging campaign materials, newsletters and volunteer engagement information.
- Outreach to develop stories for content, including interviews and editing.
Administration – 20% of activity
- Assist the Executive Director with Database/Gift Works management to track, donors, volunteers, supporters and other stakeholders.
- Provide office coverage through a regular five-day per week pre-determined schedule (ex: 9am-5pm, M-F). Some evenings, weekends and travel may be required.
- Provide customer service by answering calls, fielding emails from general inquiries.
- Check mail.
- Update information on website,
- Coordinate a regular education and awareness program using social media.
- Provide data entry for contact and donor lists.
Bounce Back Award Program – 5% of activity
- Support the Executive Director in implementing and executing the Bounce Back Award.
- The coordinator will manage certain aspects of the award. Responsibilities include outreach to Organ Procurement Organizations, assisting in the candidate selection process, ordering the award, and coordination of the winners’ involvement in Summit 4 Life.
Educational Program – 5% of activity
- Assists the Education Program Coordinator manage the online curriculum, Toolkit For Teachers, a free educational video intended for use by health, P.E. and driver’s education teachers.
- Support marketing, promotion, distribution, and metrics tracking of the video.
- Possible travel to conferences and events across the US to promote and distribute CKF’s video program.
- Assist in periodic updates required to keep the video current and interesting.
Other duties as assigned.